NorthCare can help you sign up for Medicaid!

Need help with signing up for your benefits?

  • Medicaid Expansion

    Oklahomans voted on June 30, 2020, to expand Medicaid eligibility to ALL legal Oklahoma citizens aged 19-64 with income below 138% of the Federal Poverty level.


    Coverage will begin July 1, 2021.


    Learn more at:



    NorthCare can help you sign up to have coverage before you need it! There are no health questions on the application. There is no retroactive coverage for previous bills.

  • The Benefits

    Insurance coverage for uninsured Oklahoma’s includes:

    No monthly premiums

    No application fees

    No deductibles

    Medical & behavioral health coverage

    Pre-existing conditions are covered for future treatment

    6 prescriptions per month (two name brand)

    Choose your Primary Care Physician* (as long as they accept Medicaid)

    Free smoking cessation assistance

    Diabetic Supplies

    Durable Medical Equipment

    Family Planning Services

    Hearing Screening


    Lab & X-ray services


    Up to 4 Physician visits per month

    Transportation (via SoonerRide, non-emergency covered medical services)

    Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy

  • Who Qualifies?

    • Are you an Oklahoma resident?
    • Are you a United States citizen or legal resident?
    • Are you between the ages 19-64?
    • Children and pregnant women stay on SoonerCare at higher income levels.
    • For self-employed or independent contractors, income is “net” after business deductions.
    • Unemployed or $0 income adults should qualify, even if they do not have children. No work requirement.
    • Income numbers are estimates. Higher incomes may be accepted, and not all types of income count towards total. If your income is higher, consider applying.
    • If you’ve been denied before, apply again. Other rules and qualifications may apply.

Income must be below those listed:

    Size of Household Weekly Income Monthly Income Annual Income
    1 $345 $1,483 $17,796
    2 $466 $2,004 $24,048
    3 $587 $2,526 $30,312
    4 $709 $3,049 $36,588
    5 $803 $3,571 $42,852
    6 $952 $4,092 $49,104

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Question: I meet all of those qualification. Is there anything else I need to signup?

    Answer:  The Oklahoma Health Care Authority might want proof of your United States Citizenship and identity.  If you are employed or have another form of income, they will want proof you meet the income guidelines.

  • Question: What do I need to provide to prove my identity and citizenship?


    Proof of United States Citizenship and Identity 1) Any one of these three proves BOTH citizenship and identity:

    • United States (U.S.) Passport
    • S. Naturalization Certificate issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    • Certificate of Citizenship issued by USCIS

    —OR, if you do not have any of the items listed above—

    2) Provide one item from List A and one item from List B:

    List A: Proof of U.S. citizenship (show one item) Provide most reliable proof available

    — Items at the top of the list are better

    • S. birth certificate (from the official state government agency of your birth state)
    • Certification or report of birth abroad issued by USCIS or the State Department
    • S. citizen ID card issued by USCIS
    • American Indian card issued by USCIS for the Kickapoo tribe
    • Final adoption decree
    • Evidence of Civil Service employment by U.S. Government before 6-1-1976
    • Official military record of service showing U.S. place of birth (Form DD-214)
    • Northern Mariana ID card from USCIS for naturalized citizens born before 11/4/1986
    • Extract of U.S. hospital birth record established at the time of birth, created at least five years before the initial application date
    • Life, health, or other insurance record showing U.S. place of birth, created at least five years before the initial application date
    • Census records showing U.S. place of birth
    • Nursing home records, medical records, or other documents showing U.S. place of birth, created at least five years before the initial application date
    • Bureau of Indian Affairs tribal census records, Navajo and Seneca tribes only
    • If you do not have any of the above items or have a question about the above items, contact the SoonerCare Helpline (800-987-7767)

    List B: Proof of identity (show one item)

    • Driver’s license
    • Government-issued ID cards with photo or identifying information (State ID card)
    • Tribal government-issued ID card (CDIB card) or other tribal documents with photo or identifying information
    • S. Military ID, U.S. Military Dependent ID or U.S. Military Draft Record
    • S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
    • School ID with picture
  • Question: What do I need to provide for my proof of income?

    Answer:  It depends!  Here are some examples of household income statements.  Please ask your FCS representative for more help since everyone’s situation can be different!

    • Copy of Taxes
    • Copy of a Month of Paystubs
      • Two if paid biweekly
      • Four if paid weekly
    • Copy of W-2s
    • Copy of retirement benefits