NorthCare contracts with OKDHS and private funders to provide child abuse prevention services to families in 45 counties across Oklahoma. We seek to provide a continuum of care to prevent child maltreatment in our state.
- SafeCare is a voluntary program serving Oklahoma and Cleveland counties that helps families learn how to reduce stress, prevent behavioral problems with their children, improve communication, & discover community resources. It is available for free, regardless of income, & is under evaluation by the OUHSC.
- For more information, email us.
Comprehensive Home-Based Services (CHBS)
- Families referred by Oklahoma Human Services receive home-based services to help prevent further incidents of abuse and neglect and to improve overall family communication, connection, and problem-solving. NorthCare offers CHBS services free of charge to families in 45 counties across Oklahoma.
- Provides families referred by Oklahoma Human Services individualized support to increase stability and permanency for children placed in kinship foster families in Oklahoma County. Referrals are received from OKDHS.
Intensive Safety Services
- Uses evidence-based practices to support caregivers in families referred by Oklahoma Human Services with concerns related to mental health, substance use/addiction, interpersonal violence, and parenting related to child abuse & neglect across 45 counties in Oklahoma. Families are referred to us by OKDHS.
- Offers hope, guidance, and advocacy to parents currently involved with OKDHS through peer support and shared experience. Parents with children in foster care in Oklahoma County will be paired with a parent mentor that has previously navigated the Child Welfare system successfully.
- Completes home studies for Oklahoma County foster/kinship/adoptive homes referred by Oklahoma Human Services. We are unable to complete private home studies.
SWIFT Child Profiles
Completes child profiles for children who are legally free for adoption in Oklahoma County.